Monday, December 23, 2013

Meet the artist #40

You can still see SCBWI WWA art at the Washington State Convention Center through Jan. 8, or check out the art and artists online here.
 

Stacia Stojanoff

Why did you choose to submit this art?
It's a good representation of my style with whimsy, textures, and a rich color palette.

What does being part of SCBWI mean to you?
It means having access to opportunities and being able to make choices that best suit my needs. In earlier years, I focused heavily on the illustration side of things, but recently I've discovered my love of writing. Through this transition, I've learned a lot through SCBWI.

What is your favorite picture book from childhood?
As a kid I remember loving Richard Scarry books. The little critters, all the details, and the labels! Everything had a name, and I loved imagining I was in that little house with them.

Fun fact: Stacia has a soft spot for sad mermaids. Learn more, and see more images, on STQRY here.

No comments: