Monday, December 9, 2013

Meet the artist #14

Our Dec. 12 Winter Celebration is just days away! (More info and registration here.) Get ready for the fun with more mini-profiles of the SCBWI-WWA artists featured at that event at the Washington State Convention Center. Or check them ALL out online here. See you on Thursday evening!

Dana Arnim

Why did you choose to submit your particular piece of art?
I submitted a group of images that I felt good about and that had received good feedback from art directors at conferences.
 
What does being part of SCBWI mean to you?
I really love being part of SCBWI. Knowing so many great creative people, interacting with them, getting company and encouragement, and creating opportunities for inspiration is what SCBWI is about for me. (Plus Dana Sullivan's cartoons and drawings. That guy cracks me up!)

What is your favorite picture book from childhood?
One book does stand out that I read over and over. I never tired of intensely scrutinizing the art for precious details: The Big Golden Book of Elves & Fairies, illustrated by Garth Williams. I still have my childhood copy and remember wishing myself into those stories and settings.

Fun fact: Dana is a card-carrying computer jockey, too, and spent (mumble) years as SCBWI WWA's webmaster before becoming co-regional advisor. Learn more, and see more images, on STQRY here.

*excluding only those lazy bones or privacy freaks who don't answer our email questions, of course. We love them anyway.

No comments: