Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Meet the artist #29

You can still see SCBWI WWA art at the Washington State Convention Center through Jan. 8, or check out the art and artists online here.
 

Josh Tuininga

Why did you choose to submit this art?
I submitted "The Sunset" because it was one of the most expansive pieces from my book. The colors of the sky are very vibrant, which I thought would work well in the gallery space.

What does being part of SCBWI mean to you?
It means a lot! I joined SCBWI because I had written and illustrated my first children's book and wanted to learn about next steps for getting it published. I received my first newsletter, discovered information about relevant publishers, and within a month got my first book published! I'm so happy I joined this community.

What is your favorite picture book from childhood?
The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf and Robert Lawson.

Fun fact: Josh's studio is a converted school bus. Learn more, and see more images, on STQRY here.

No comments: