Monday, December 16, 2013

Meet the artist #26

Okay, maybe you blew it. Maybe you missed our awesome Winter Celebration. Fear not! Whether you joined the fun or not, you can still see the art through Jan. 8, and you can still read our mini-profiles of many featured SCBWI WWA artists. Or check them ALL out online here.

Kevan Atteberry

Why did you choose to submit this art?
I had just drawn this recently to go with a rhyming story I've been working on.

What does being part of SCBWI mean to you?
It means camaraderie in a world that is unlike the rest of the world. It is connections and friendships and truckloads of information.

What is your favorite picture book from childhood?
Whenever I am asked this question, Horton Hears a Who! and Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose come to mind. I don't know if they were my favorites, but they left some kind of impression on me...

Fun fact: Kevan has illustrated a number of other authors' books but also recently sold his own stories in a two-book book deal! Learn more, and see more images, on STQRY here.

*excluding only those lazy bones or privacy freaks who don't answer our email questions, of course. We love them anyway.

2 comments:

kevan atteberry said...

That's a weird cropping of my illustration - it is really a vertical illustration showing the whole monster.

Joni said...

Sorry, Kev, blogger error. I'll fix it! - Joni