Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Meet the artist #18

Our Dec. 12 Winter Celebration is tomorrow! (More info and registration here.) Get ready for the fun with more mini-profiles of the SCBWI-WWA artists featured at that event at the Washington State Convention Center. Or check them ALL out online here. See you soon!

Sarah Romano Diehl

Why did you choose to submit your particular piece of art?
I was happy with the mood and symbolism of the piece I chose. I think it is one of my stronger illustrations.

What does being part of SCBWI mean to you?
Being a part of SCBWI has meant so many things: not only have I learned so much about the art and  business sides of making children's books, but I have also made friendships with people I feel a real connection with because we share so many interests.


What is your favorite picture book from childhood?
If I have to choose one: Mr. Dog: The Dog Who Belonged to Himself, written by Margaret Wise Brown and illustrated by Garth Williams.

Fun fact: Sarah earned her Wild West chops in Colorado. Learn more, and see more images, on STQRY here.

*excluding only those lazy bones or privacy freaks who don't answer our email questions, of course. We love them anyway.

No comments: