Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Meet the artist #27

Okay, maybe you blew it. Maybe you missed our awesome Winter Celebration. Fear not! Whether you joined the fun or not, you can still see the art through Jan. 8, and you can still read our mini-profiles of many featured SCBWI WWA artists. Or check them ALL out online here.

Andrea Taylor

Why did you choose to submit this art?
I think my "Hopping Lemur" illustration has an unexpected quality about it that captures the viewer's attention. The fresh colors, mix of animals, and unusual composition all make for a pleasing view, or at least I hope so!

What does being part of SCBWI mean to you?
I went to my first SCBWI monthly meeting in the fall of 2011. I was overcome with the genuine warmth and encouragement given to members. It was something I knew I wanted to be a part of.

What is your favorite picture book from childhood?
The Girl Who Loved Wild Horses by Paul Goble. I'm looking at it as I write this. My copy is so worn most of the pages are falling out. I've had it since I was a baby. In fact, it was published the year of my birth. I find everything about the illustrations and story to be inspiring and beautiful.

Fun fact: Andrea studied art in Spain. Learn more, and see more images, on STQRY here.

*excluding only those lazy bones or privacy freaks who don't answer our email questions, of course. We love them anyway.

No comments: