Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Studio tours: Elizabeth Blake

Elizabeth Blake sends along these two shots from her lovely, zen studio:

Here are a couple of pictures of my workspace, which is called "Tin Can Studio" as the space is in a metal building. I have two main tables, a small drafting table and a larger stainless one, so I can spread pages out while I work. It helps continuity of the images to have the sketches, roughs, and final art all visible at the same time. There is a 2x4 board that runs along two walls. It has a channel routed in it to hold the pages along the wall. That way illustrations can be visualized around the room following the storyboard order. This is a great way to find what doesn't work well as well as what does!

Check out Elizabeth's beautiful art here.


Susi Watson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susi Watson said...

I love the quiet calm you've created for yourself, Elizabeth. It must be freeing to walk into Tin Can Studio. pick up a brush and begin to create. I envy your orderly environment, yet can't stop myself from adding to the creative clutter. Looking forward to visiting your studio in person.

-Susi Watson