Friday, March 5, 2010

Today's inspiration: Grace Lin

Grace, who spoke at our last annual conference, really could be any day's inspiration. But here's a Blue Rose Girls post about entropy and her recent wedding:

So, I've been a bit busy lately and haven't really kept up with all the posts here at the BRG as well as I should. So I am just catching up on Meghan's posts about the "dark side" of being a children's book creator. And while I agree with what Meghan has written (bookstore signing can be completely depressing), I wanted to add a bit more encouragement to the overall picture.

At my wedding, my science genius cousin (he really is a genius, he's working to find a cure for Alzheimer's) Austin gave a little speech at my wedding. Earlier in the day, he had been untangling his guitar strap and Alex had made a comment about how the straps always seemed to get tangled, and why was that? Entropy, Austin said.


Read the rest
.

Thanks to Nina Hess for the link.

1 comment:

i, chihuahua said...

entropy! grace's post puts perspective on the inevitable tangles in life and work, and the loving pursuit of their untangling.