The offerings include:
- 29 authors and illustrators and 4 publishers representatives
- including Sara Anderson, Kevin Emerson, Martha Brockenbrough, Matthew Porter, Kathryn O. Galbraith, Bonny Becker, and Wendy Wahman, among many others
- doing 14 hours of readings, panels, games, giveaways and prizes, dancing, music, and a Halloween Parade for little ones
- in solos, duos, and panels on topics ranging from Beyond TWILIGHT, reading suggestions for the TWILIGHT Obsessed (for those 12 and up) to Fairy Wings and Horsey Things (for readers 3-8) to Getting Your Kids’ Book Published (for adults) to Beyond Forks, authors of locally set books for young adults on paranormal themes, with
- game breaks, including a MAD LIBS party each day, with fun and prizes, flying Pike Place Market fish, and a Grammar Bee for kids from 9-99.
DATE: Saturday and Sunday, 24-25 October 2009
TIME 10 – 6 both days
LOCATION: Columbia City Event Center
3528 S. Ferdinand
Seattle, WA 98118
Check the full weekend schedule at the Book Fest website.
*Secret Garden is a general independent bookshop, selling books for adults and everyone else, since 2000.