OREGON COAST CHILDREN'S BOOK WRITERS WORKSHOP
This summer, July 11-15, we will proudly present the ninth Oregon Coast Children's Book Writers Workshop, in the exquisite Oregon Coast town of Oceanside. At this time the class is three-quarters full. If you care to join us, probably it would be a good idea to sign up soon by using the registration form at the site.
The instructors for the workshop will include five established children's book authors (between them, specializing in YA and middle school novels, picture books, non-fiction, magazine pieces, and poetry), two children's book editors from major houses, and one children's book agent. Summer Workshop 2011 promises to be our best yet because:
- The instructor-student ratio will be a maximum of one to seven
- Each day you will meet with an instructor for at least one comprehensive consultation
- You can have one-on-one informal meetings with instructors each day as well
- Every student who wishes can have an anonymous first page manuscript critique by all eight instructors in front of the class
- We will offer at least twelve instructional lectures on various aspects of writing and publishing
- There will be two evening presentations by instructors
- Out-of-class consultations with instructors are available
- There will be at least three guest lectures/writing workshops
- There will be two wonderful parties (quite appropriate for friends, partners, spouses, children)
If you are ambitious to publish a children's book (or simply adore children's books) this is the workshop for you. It will allow you to connect directly with authors, editors, agents who are active in the children's book business. If you go to the website and look under Evaluations, you'll see that it's received extraordinarily high praise (some listed below).
The course is available for graduate credit.
For complete information we welcome you to visit our website. There's a generous refund policy (described at the website) if you decide to register now and then later on change your mind.