Put on your thinking cap, your advice suspenders, your networking underwear, and your best Good-Times boots and sign up for the first Think Tank for published members in (mumble-mumble) years! From 10 a.m. until noon on Saturday, April 30, we’ll gather to ask questions, celebrate, commiserate, and share our best tips on topics such as promotion, school visits, and working with agents and editors.
- Saturday, April 30, 2016
- 10:00 a.m. - Noon
- Seattle Pacific University, Cremona Hall 102
This event, which is designed for members who are already published or have contracts in hand, will cost $20 for SCBWI members and $25 for non-members, and attendance will be limited to ensure cozy discussions. PAL (published and listed) members have registration priority; SCBWI members at the full level and traditionally published non-members also will be admitted as space permits. Unpublished non-members are not eligible.
Once registration is well under way, we’ll ask attendees to rank the topics they most want to discuss to ensure we’re hitting the most valuable topics for you.
Interested? Signing up is a two-part process:
1. Enter information as requested into the form here: http://goo.gl/forms/bDn0FAAySO
Note that the required information includes:
- Your SCBWI membership status as of April 1. (This will be confirmed, so if you need to renew or ensure your status is correct, do it first. Go to SCBWI.org, click Member Login, and review your profile. Act accordingly.)
- A representative, or your most recent, title and its publisher. (Use a qualifying PAL title if you have one; this is mostly for easy eligibility verification.)
2. Then use snail mail (I know, crazy) to mail a check for $20 or $25 (depending on your membership status), which is made out to SCBWI Western WA, to Joni at 58402 114th Street East, Enumclaw, WA 98022-7954. Yes, it has to be a check (or a money order from a bank or PO.) You’re published; you can handle it.
Registrations will be accepted based on the postmarked date of your check, not your electronic sign-up, so don’t delay with the old-fashioned part. Your place on April 30 will be confirmed in early April, and registration will close when our chair limit is reached or April 20, whichever comes first. Checks won’t be cashed until your seat is confirmed.
Questions or troubles? Email PAL coordinator Joni Sensel at firstname.lastname@example.org. And start getting excited about swapping stories and passing along hard-won advice!