To be eligible, you need to be able to say "yes!" to all of the following:
• You are an SCBWI member at the PAL (published and listed) level and your profile at SCBWI.org is updated to reflect this.
• You live in the official Western Washington region. If you’re a member and uncertain which region you’re in, please email us and we’ll check for you.
• Your publisher is on SCBWI’s list of recognized (traditional) PAL publishers. You can find the accepted publisher list by going to your SCBWI member profile page, clicking “Add” in the “Books” section under “Publications.” Find “Publisher” (not “Other Publisher”) and type in your publisher’s name in the box that says, “Start typing…”
• Your book is released between three months before and three months after the month of the Inside Story event (February 2016 to August 2016).
• Your book is readily available through normal trade channels (e.g., Baker & Taylor).
Exceptions to PAL published books include self-published books that were originally published by a PAL publisher, books that are a continuation of a PAL published series, and Spark Award books.
The application form is here. Please fill in all areas. Then please send an image of your book cover (PDF or jpg in the 1MB range) to Dana Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the Inside Story program. You will hear back a week or two after the application deadline with further information.
If you're not planning to present this time around, please mark this event on your calendar anyway. You won’t want to miss it!
Dori & Deb, Inside Story Coordinators
Dori Butler Deb Lund