Monday, September 9, 2013

Call for authors: NaNoWriMo opportunities

[Here's a message from a local librarian with a great idea for PAL folks in our chapter, with a time-sensitive response needed. Dawn had attached a sign-up grid to her email, but we can't reproduce that here, so just email her and explain why you couldn't quite follow directions. We're sure she'll still be thrilled to hear from you.]

Dear esteemed Northwest authors,

For the last few years I've heard teens (and adults too) buzzing about how they would like more author activities and more opportunities to work on creative writing. One thing I've heard from both authors and teens is that they would like to see some National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) programs. While I have no budget this year, I am now fulltime and have gotten approval to try out an idea I've been formulating. I'm hoping to conduct a series of NaNoWriMo Write-Ins, where community members can come into our libraries for two- (or three-?) hour writing sessions, ideally with a published author. My goal is to try and have each of our libraries host at least once during November, and to have a session every day that we are open that month. While this may not be an enticing opportunity for all of you, I'm hoping it is of interest to some.
 
If you think you might like hanging out a library and writing a few hours at least one day in November, please let me know. If you are interested, please let me know by next Friday, September 13, 2013.

 Click here to sign up!


Please also let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. I'm hoping to build this experience into stronger relationships and support for our local authors, and potentially come up with lots of great ideas for future programs and events with you!

Dawn Rutherford, Teen Services Coordinator
Sno-Isle Libraries
7312 35th Ave NE
Marysville, WA 98271
360-651-7069
DRutherford@sno-isle.org

No comments: