|He sings! He dances! He makes |
bad jokes! We love Bruce Hale!
His talk received a standing ovation, and here are three of Bruce's super-helpful Six Principles for Toughing It Out & Getting Published:
1) Start a Good Habit Habit
- Plan tomorrow's work the night before
- Pick 3 things that move to your goal
- Do 1 of those things before you do everything else (and open your e-mail)
- Limit e-mail web to twice/three times per day
- Set page/word goals for each day.
2) Write Like Your Hair was on Fire
- (i.e. Write/Create what you're passionate about)
- Do what you love, love what you do.
- How do you find passion?
- Do free writing about childhood
- Meditate/pray/tune in to hear quiet voice
- Start a Bradbury list
3) Think it Through, Take the Big View
- Thinking steps ahead, pursue concept to the end.
- Ask questions like a 3 year-old (why? why? why?)
- Give relentless focus and attention to find the deeper truth
Here's more about Bruce's books online, and don't forget to check out his great writing tips!