Bookfest in October! It’s Raining Books
SCBWI Western Washington will have a booth at Bookfest, a celebration of books and authors taking place in Kirkland over the weekend of October 1 and 2, from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. each day. A number of SCBWI members will be giving presentations and workshops over the weekend. Check out the participating authors here.
We need your help to:
- Appear as an author/illustrator and sign books if you like. Chat up fans, show off covers and illustrations, hand out book marks or school visit information, or bring other fun ideas for being a Real Live Author or Illustrator!
○ Authors already assigned to Bookfest panels or workshops will have books sold by anchor indie Parkplace Books at those event venues. We are currently working to determine whether we can have Parkplace Books or another bookseller handle book sales in our booth for other authors, too. If that doesn’t work, PAL-level SCBWI members may bring their own books to sell and sign (but you’ll have to manage all stock and money yourself). We’ll let you know as soon as we can which it’ll be.
- Schedule a read-aloud picture book session or a live illustration session. We’d like to have a few of these a day, perhaps with several authors in a session. If you’re not published, you’re welcome to read a favorite book by someone else!
- Mind the booth with other staff for an hour at a time and represent SCBWI. Answer questions, hand out materials, and tell your SCBWI story. There are authors and illustrators out there whose lives may be changed by SCBWI... or at least would enjoy meeting kindred spirits.
- Bring the fun factor. We are looking for fun, interactive ideas for booth activities during the two days of Bookfest. Illustrators, pull out your pencils, pens and paints for artist demos. Mad Lib experts, challenge the crowd. Got sock puppets? Bring ‘em on. We want to hear your ideas and make them happen.
Sign up for any of these opportunities by filling out and submitting the form below. You don't have to be a published member! Just bring the fun, people! Help us make our inaugural participation in Bookfest a memorable weekend.