Saturday, April 18, 2015

Sharon Flake Keynote: Flying Scared: Or How To Get Published In Spite of Yourself

Sharon Flake is an award-winning author with millions of books for kids in print, including The Skin I'm In and Unstoppable Octobia May.

"I think I was born scared."

When we're not our true authentic selves the world misses out.

What are you willing to sacrifice? Because your dreams will cost you something.

To write you need a healthy dose of fear and hutzpah. That's something Sharon certainly possesses.

As a published author Sharon Flake is brave.

What are you willing to tolerate to be the best writer you can be?

In this business you have to jump in and swim like hell if you're going to make it to the other side.

"I'm a writer not in spite of myself but because of myself."

This industry is not for wimps.


No comments: