Graphic Artists Guild February Workshop
What Is Responsive Web Design and Why Should You Care?
Presenter: Erik Fadiman, interactive designer/developer and instructor at Seattle Central Creative Academy
When: Wednesday, February 27, 12-1:30pm. (Doors open at 11:30am.)
Where: Seattle Design Center, 5701 6th Avenue South, Plaza Building, EAFA Gallery, Suite 292
Responsive Web Design means creating web sites which easily adapt their content to any size screen. While much of this is done by web developers in HTML and CSS, it’s increasingly important that designers are fluent in this new workflow. More and more people are accessing the Internet from their smart phones and tablets. New gadgets of different sizes seem to enter the market every week and web browsing from portable devices is expected to outpace desktop use by 2015.
In this workshop we will discuss:
- Why you should “design for mobile first”
- How to “future-proof” your site against costly redesigns
- How to explain Responsive Web Design to your clients
- Best practices for converting layouts to small screens
- Why you should stop creating fixed width layouts in Photoshop
Click here for tickets:
Pre-registration pricing: Guild Member $10 , Student $10, Professional Member $15 (ASMP, ASPA, AIGA, SCBWI, CNW, EAFA), General $20. $5 more if purchased at the door.