Here are some of the advisory board members responsibilities:
- Raise funds to provide book grants to local programs that serve children in need.
- Identify local schools and community programs to receive book grants
- Recruit new members who represent a professional and cultural cross-section of the community
- Participate in national cause-based marketing events and campaigns
- Promote First Book and literacy issues within the community
Advisory Board members will be meeting 1-2 times a month, and are not required to make money donations to the organization. If you're interested or have questions contact Ramiro Rey at rrey11(at)yahoo(dot)com.