Do you have a new book out? If so, you may be eligible to present at Inside Story, our SCBWI region's biannual celebration of new books. We invite our membership, area booksellers, teachers, and librarians to hear two or three minute presentations from eligible PAL (Published and Listed) members.
The deadline to apply for this season’s Inside Story is Friday, October 19th, at 5 p.m. Pacific.
Event details are as follows:
Sunday, December 2nd, 2018 from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Seattle Central Library
1000 4th Ave
Seattle, WA 98104
If you're not planning to present this time around, do mark this event on your calendar. You won’t want to miss it!
In order to present at our Spring Inside Story, you must be able to say "Yes!" to all of the following:
• You are a CURRENT SCBWI member at the PAL (published and listed) level and your profile at SCBWI.org is updated to reflect this.
• You live in the official Western Washington region.
• Your publisher is on SCBWI’s list of recognized (traditional) PAL publishers.*
• Your book is brand new (released between June and December 2018) and has never before been published. (Reprints and new editions do not qualify for Inside Story)
• Your book is readily available through normal trade channels (e.g., Baker & Taylor).
*There is one exception to this requirement. If your self-published book is a continuation of a PAL published series and/or a Spark Award winner, you are still eligible to participate in Inside Story.
The application is here. Please fill in all areas. We will email you further information by the end of October. We look forward to hearing from you and learning your inside stories!
Michele Bacon and Dana Sullivan, Inside Story Co-Chairs