Promote your new book to booksellers from all over the region! The Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association’s Fall Trade Show takes place at the Hotel Murano in Tacoma on October 13-15, and a limited number of SCBWI Western Washington PAL (published and listed) members have an opportunity to participate in our exhibit presence on Sunday, Oct. 14.
Participants will be paired up with another author or illustrator for 60-90 minute shifts at our SCBWI table to talk with booksellers and librarians attending the show, introduce them to the SCBWI online “Find a Speaker” page, collect contact information for a book raffle, and share the latest SCBWI books — including their own 2012 titles!
• You must be an SCBWI member living in the Western Washington region.
• Because the trade show focuses on new titles, participants must have a 2012 title from a PAL publisher, and preference will be given to those with a fall title.
• Participants will be asked to pay $25 for their show badge and to help defray our booth costs. (Your badge gives you access to the rest of the show before or after your shift in our booth.)
• Participants also must donate either an ARC or a copy of their latest book (if neither an ARC nor the new one is available) for our display and raffles.
• Participants may also bring fliers, postcards, or bookmarks to share with booksellers.
If you’re a SCBWI PAL member but cannot participate that day or don’t have a 2012 book, you may still donate copies of your books for the display and raffles. To participate at that level, bring your titles to the September or October PSM meetings or email Tina Hoggatt at firstname.lastname@example.org. This opportunity applies for SCBWI members at the PAL level only.
To be considered for a booth shift, complete and return the application on our website here – scroll down to “SCBWI at PNBA” for the link. Applications are due no later than 9/20. We’ll let you know by 9/25 if you’ll be scheduled in the booth, and we’ll provide additional instructions if so.