Join SCBWI WWA and Kristen McLean for a Special Event: Understanding the Future of the Publishing Industry, on Tuesday, March 15
TechFemme recently predicted, "Kristen McLean is Going to Upset (ie., Fix) the Publishing Industry." . She's going to upset (ie., enlighten, and hopefully in a good way!) SCBWI Western Washington, too, when she visits Seattle. Mark your calendars now and register for a special SCBWI Western Washington presentation on Tuesday, March 15, from 7-9 p.m., where Kristen, former executive director of the Association of Booksellers for Children (ABC), will share key findings from the 2010 ABC/Bowker Pubtrack Consumer Study of the Juvenile Book Market. The first direct consumer study of the book market, the findings shed light on some critical trends that are shaping today's changing children’s book industry, such as:
- Will books continue to be valued in the lives of children and teens?
- Are consumer attitudes towards books holding up against the flood of other media competing for market space?
- How are parents and children choosing what to read and buy?
- What role are children playing in book-buying decisions?
- Will there be readers to support this industry in the decades to come?
Just $20 to attend. For details and to register, click here.
Kristen McLean is the founder and CEO of Bookigee, an innovative tech startup for the publishing industry that connects authors & content creators, publishers, and consumers through a super-cool visualizing search platform. From 2005-2010, Kristen was the executive director of the Association of Booksellers for Children (ABC). Under Kristen’s leadership, ABC merged with its larger sister association, the American Booksellers Association (ABA) in 2011, where its work continues. Find out more her at website.