If you were published in 2010, SCBWI wants to make sure that your book is included for consideration in the 2011 Golden Kite Awards! The deadline for receiving your book from your publisher is Friday, December 17, 2010.
How do I make sure my book is a contender for the 2011 Golden Kite Awards?
1. Click here to familiarize yourself with the guidelines for the Golden Kite Awards.
2. Make sure that your SCBWI membership is current!
Only current members of SCBWI are elligible for the Golden Kite Awards. Not sure when your membership expires? Log in at SCBWI.org and click on "Membership Renewal." Your member expiration date will be shown at the top of that page.
2. Log in at scbwi.org and update your publication information!
Click on "Manage Profile" and be sure to enter the name and publication date of your most recent book. Then, choose your publisher from one of the drop-down menus. If you have any trouble updating your profile, feel free to call our offices at 323-782-1010 during business hours (9 AM - 5:30 p.m., Pacific, Monday - Friday) and someone will be happy to assist you.
3. Check with your publisher to see if they've sent us your book.
Most publishers have their publicity departments handle awards submissions, but a quick email to your editor to make sure that someone is submitting your book for the Golden Kite Award is a good idea.
4. If you're an individual submitting your own book, be sure to follow the guidelines for individual submissions carefully.