Did you miss the application deadline for Inside Story? Good news! The deadline has been extended to Saturday, October 1.
• You must be a CURRENT SCBWI member at the PAL (published and listed) level and your profile at SCBWI.org must be updated to reflect this. (If you're eligible to change your membership status, you can fill out the form online at http://www.scbwi.org/pal-publishers/)
• You must live in the official Western Washington region. If you’re a member and uncertain which region you’re in, please email us and we’ll check for you.
• Your publisher must be on SCBWI’s list of recognized (traditional) PAL publishers. You can find the accepted publisher list by going to your SCBWI member profile page, clicking “Add” in the “Books” section under “Publications.” Find “Publisher” (not “Other Publisher”) and type in your publisher’s name in the box that says, “Start typing…”
• Your book is brand new this fall and has never been published before.
• Your book is released between August 2016 and November 2016. Note: this is a change from previous Inside Story events. Going forward, you will participate in Inside Story when your book is actually available for sale. Our May 2017 Inside Story (which will be held at University Bookstore in U District on May 9, 2017) will be open to those whose books release between November 2016 and May 2017.
• Your book is readily available through normal trade channels (e.g., Baker & Taylor).
Exceptions to PAL published books include self-published books that are a continuation of a PAL published series and Spark Award books.
If you answered YES to all of the above, go to https://goo.gl/forms/
A1MBPCzlwoeFOp762 and apply NOW!
Inside Story is our region's biannual celebration of new books. We invite our membership, area booksellers, teachers and librarians to come and hear two or three minute presentations from eligible PAL (Published and Listed) members.
The event will be held at University Book Store in Bellevue (990 102nd Ave. NE) on Tuesday, November 15 from 7:00pm until 9:00pm. Even if you're not presenting, mark your calendars anyway. You won't want to miss the celebration.
Questions? Email Inside Story Coordinator Dori Butler at email@example.com