Make sure your membership is up to date!
We want to make sure our communications go to EVERY member in Western Washington. If you did NOT receive an email from us yesterday, it’s a good time to check on your SCBWI International membership status. If you’re already a member, your membership remains active for one year from the time you joined or last renewed. Not only does a membership give you a discount on SCBWI WWA events, including the Monthly Programming Passport, there are many other benefits too:
- Assistance in finding or forming a critique group
- Free participation in Inside Story, our twice-yearly salon to celebrate local authors’ and illustrators’ new books (for P.A. L. members only)
- Inclusion in the SCBWI International speaker directory (for P.A.L. members only)
- The ability to submit news and events to our region’s blog, The Chinook Update
- Member discounts and special offers from SCBWI International as well as SCBWI Western Washington
- Subscription to the Bulletin
- Access to awards and grants, online resources, and insider publications
Membership in the SCBWI is open to anyone with an active interest in children’s literature or media. A passion for children’s literature is the #1 criterion. Dues are $95 for the first year and $80 each renewing year.
How to check your status? The quickest and easiest way to check your status is to login at www.scbwi.org. You’ll be directed to your Member Home page where you can check your status under the membership tab as well as update your profile or contact information. Click Renew Now on the left sidebar if you need to renew your membership. You will be prompted to renew with credit card information, and you’ll receive a confirmation when it is accepted. If you have edited your billing address for the credit card, your mailing address will not be disturbed.
You are automatically on the list for the SCBWI WWA chapter which matches your mailing address, and you can go to wwa.scbwi.org for our local chapter information.
How to login to scbwi.org? Your login ID is your email address. If you’re unsure of your Password, click “Forgot password?” and a message will be emailed to you with your login information. If you have any trouble logging in, please email email@example.com.
Renewal by mail or phone is also possible if you’d prefer – just send a letter with a check of US$95 (to join) or US$80 (to renew) to the address: SCBWI - Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators | 8271 Beverly Blvd. | Los Angeles | CA | 90048, or call at 323-782-1010 Pacific Time at any time.