Wow! Do we have a retreat for you!
The 2015 Weekend on the Water Retreat
Dumas Bay Centre
The theme: "Shedding Light on the Murky Middle"
We are incredibly fortunate to be joined by:
Katherine Jacobs, Senior Editor, Roaring Press Books
Independent Editor Noa Wheeler (formerly with Henry Holt Books for Young Readers)
Through lecture and workshops, Katherine and Noa will tap into their wisdom and experience to throw you the lifeline you need to drag your manuscript back from the Murky Middle—or better yet, keep it from getting there in the first place.
In addition to excellent tutelage and superb companionship, Weekend on the Water provides:
- Two nights’ lodging in a private room with a writing desk.
- Private half-baths available for an additional fee, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A limited number of openings for writers who would prefer to lodge elsewhere, again, first-come, first-served.
- Six catered meals (with great respect paid to dietary restrictions)
- Opportunities to engage with faculty
- Free time for writing, walks, resting, and networking
- Optional peer critique groups
- Planned social activities
Retreat costs range from $300 to $500. The application process opens on August 7. Watch your email for the announcement.
NOTE: Apply early for the greatest range of housing options.
Questions? Email Lois Brandt (Lois@loisbrandt.com)