Friday, December 8, 2017
Wednesday, December 13 - Book Events that Change Lives
Please join us on Wednesday, December 13, at Seattle Pacific University (SPU) in Demaray Hall from 7-9 pm. We’ve got goings-on a-plenty, from our pre-meeting Annual Cookie Exchange to a stellar panel talk on “Book Events That Change Lives.” We’ll also be offering Passport holders a last chance to sign up for the Great Critique held on January 20, 2018. You won’t want to miss this meeting!
What: Book Events that Change Lives. Join Kim Baker as she moderates a panel with Linda Johns, and authors, librarians, and media specialists who host and present at a variety of library and school events. Learn how to market yourself to public and private schools, the benefits of a book signing at a public library, how to build audience, and more!
When: Wednesday, December 13, 7-9 pm.
Where: SPU, Demaray Hall. Parking is free in commuter lots after 5 p.m. except where noted by signs.
The Official Cookie Exchange Rules:
· Make at least one dozen cookies – three cookies on a plate to be judged. The rest are for general scarfing.
· Label the plate with your name, your category (most beautiful or most delicious) and the name of your cookie.
· Set them up before 6:30 pm. You will be directed to the setup area by Snack Mistress Milagros.
· Contest closes at 6:45 pm, to give judges time to argue about “mouthfeel,” “depth of flavor” and “locally-foraged toothsome essence.”
Winner will receive PRIZES. FAME. GLORY!
And don’t forget the annual Book Exchange!
· Bring up to five kid-lit books you no longer have room for.
· Take only as many books as you bring.
Extra books will be donated to Kinder Konnection (http://kinderkonnection.org/ and https://www.facebook.com/kinderkonnection/) a non-profit that helps underserved school children in Washington State.