Check your e-mail! Invitations to apply for the Spring Inside Story have already gone out. In case you missed it, here are the event details:
Tuesday, May 9, 2017 from 7:00-9:00pm
University Book Store
4326 University Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
Please carefully read and follow the information below. To be eligible, you need to be able to say "yes!" to all of the following:
• You are a CURRENT SCBWI member at the PAL (published and listed) level and your profile at SCBWI.org is updated to reflect this.
• You live in the official Western Washington region. If you’re a member and uncertain which region you’re in, please email us and we’ll check for you.
• Your publisher is on SCBWI’s list of recognized (traditional) PAL publishers. You can find the accepted publisher list by going to your SCBWI member profile page, clicking “Add” in the “Books” section under “Publications.” Find “Publisher” (not “Other Publisher”) and type in your publisher’s name in the box that says, “Start typing…”
Exception: If your self-published book is a continuation of a PAL published series and/or a Spark Award winner, you are still eligible to participate in Inside Story
• Your book is brand new (released between November 2016 and May 2017) and has never been published before. (Reprints/new editions do not qualify for Inside Story)
• Your book is readily available through normal trade channels (e.g., Baker & Taylor).
The application form is here. Please fill in all areas. Deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 1, 2017. You will hear back a week or two after the application deadline with further information.
If you're not planning to present this time around, please mark this event on your calendar anyway. You won’t want to miss it!
Dori Butler, Inside Story Coordinatordhbutler@kidswriter.com