Do you have a new book or one coming out soon? If so, you may be eligible to present at Inside Story, SCBWI Western Washington’s twice-yearly celebration of new books.
We invite our members, area booksellers, and librarians to view three-minute presentations from eligible PAL (Published and Listed) members. The application deadline is September 30, 2014, and the event will be held Tuesday, November 4 from 7:00-9:00 p.m. at Park Place Books.
A limited number of applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. To be eligible, you need to be able to say "yes!" to all of the following:
- You are an SCBWI member at the PAL (published and listed) level and your profile at SCBWI.org is updated to reflect this.
- You live in the official Western Washington region. (Check your profile if you're uncertain.)
- Your publisher is on SCBWI’s list of recognized (traditional) PAL publishers. You can find the accepted publisher list by going to your SCBWI member profile page, clicking “Add” in the “Books” section under “Publications.” Find “Publisher” (not “Other Publisher”) and type in your publisher’s name in the box that says, “Start typing…” Exceptions to PAL published books include self-published books that were originally published by a PAL publisher, books that are a continuation of a PAL published series, and Spark Award books.
- Your book is released between three months before and three months after the month of the Inside Story event (August 2014 to February 2015).
- Your book is readily available through normal trade channels (e.g., Baker & Taylor).