Monday, January 4, 2010

Oooh! Read all about Jim Whiting

The Seattle Times picked up a Kitsap Sun piece about Jim and his 109--109!--books.

My favorite quote:

"I like to say I'm a walking advertisement for a liberal arts education. I have so many interests that I always have these 'Aha!' moments where I get excited about whatever it is I'm writing about."

Whiting's work also makes him "one popular guy at parties." That is, if you don't mind listening to a guy describe the training habits of cage fighters or how childbirth was carried out in Hungary, circa 1860.


I would like more information on both topics, please.

2 comments:

Jennifer K. Mann said...

Jim also coaches my daughter's
x-country running club (and does a wonderful job)...he's got a great inside line!

Michèle Griskey said...

I credit Jim for leading me to my (very modest) four published books. Jim's excellent presentation at a conference helped me hone my biography writing skills.

Cheers Jim!