Friday, September 9, 2016

Writing for Children - University of Washington's Professional & Continuing Education Certificate Course


 
 
 
 
This program is now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 session.

The UW Writing for Children program is meant for writers of all levels who are interested in writing for kids of all ages. The program has helped writers get started on their journeys, as well as launched them to the next level, and many graduates have found great success. The year-long (3- quarter) program provides in-depth lessons, many inspiring and knowledgeable guest speakers, plus dedicated time and focus on writing and reaching your goals. 

Instructor Jolie Stekly is happy to answer any questions regarding the program. Feel free to reach out to her at cuppajolie@gmail.com with questions or to schedule a phone call.

If you have further questions regarding application and registration please contact UW Professional & Continuing Education. https://www.pce.uw.edu/certificates/writing-for-children

From former students:

"The Writing for Children certificate at UW is one of the best monetary- and self-investments I have ever made.  Not only did the class help me develop my writing skills to the point that I have since acquired an agent, I also connected with like-minded peers who were just as invested in, and excited about, writing for children as I am. As a result, I've gained a wonderful and long-standing critique group; as well as invaluable knowledge about the craft of writing, the process of writing (and finishing!) a book, and the business side of children's publishing. I could not recommend this class more highly.  A+.” ~Sophie Peterson

The UW Certificate in Writing for Children program was a smart investment into my writing life. The program boosted my confidence by providing a strong foundation and focusing my writing goals. The instructor and my critique group from UW continue to be a support network.” ~Judy Bailey 

Words cannot convey how strongly I recommend the UW Writing for Children Class. Taking this class helped me become a more skillful writer, engaged reader, and helpful friend. The instructor is kind, encouraging, and brilliant, and she has a passion for helping students develop their craft and personal styles. I have made several friends through the class that I keep in touch with them years later. We critique each other’s work and encourage each other to keep writing. The class is composed of friendly, creative people who share a love of literature for young people. This is a community you want to be a part of.” ~Aaron Walsh

Happy Writing!
 


No comments: