Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer illustration course for teens

This message found its way to my inbox. This could be a great opportunity for a burgeoning teen artist and illustrator this summer!


My name is Tyler Parker and I am a Seattle-based children's book illustrator. I'm writing because  thought this might be of interest to you or your members. In addition to my children's book work I teach at Cornish College of the Arts as part of their Summer At Cornish Program. 

The course that I teach is called Sequential Design and Illustration and it is essentially an introduction to illustration class for students ages 15-18. We spend a significant portion of the class focusing on narrative illustration and children's books. If there are any young illustrators who are looking to learn a bit more about illustration and children's books, this is a fun opportunity. Last year we focused a lot on character development, visual storytelling, reinterpreting classic stories and creating consistent worlds. It is a four-week course, taking place from July 8–31, 2013.

More information about the program is here, and I'd be happy to provide any more information or answer further questions. 
 
––Tyler

No comments: