Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Still on the fence? Read on!

Still trying to decide whether you’ll attend SCBWI Western Washington’s 22nd Annual Writing & Illustrating for Children Conference, taking place Friday, April 19, through Sunday, April 21, 2013, at the Marriott Redmond Town Center in Redmond, Washington? The three-day event provides tremendous opportunities for growing your career as a writer and/or illustrator for children, but you don't need to take our word for it. Here's what some of your peers said about last year's conference:
  • "Where do I begin? The networking, the shared knowledge, the confidence and drive to move forward in this career... and the chocolate chip cookies didn't hurt, either." --Ryan Hatch (first-time attendee)
  • "I always learn more about the industry at the conferences, but what I cherish are all the notes I take home giving me new things to try and new ways to sharpen my craft." --Janet Lee Carey (seasoned pro)
  • "[What I liked most about the conference was] the welcoming and friendly attitude of all who attended. I didn't know anyone and found it incredibly easy to meet people and connect. [I] felt like I was among 400 fabulous people who were a lot like me. ... I'm taking away lots of encouragement to keep drawing and painting, a greater understanding of how to write dialogue well, a greater understanding of how to create a believable and authentic character, and a greater understanding of how the submission process works and how many revisions it may take to get to a finished product." --Karla Johnson
  • "As always, I come away inspired and more informed.  There is a creative energy at the SCBWI conference that fuels me as a creative force.  But I also learned more about myself within a changing industry.  There was valuable and realistic information provided." --Susan Ogilvie
  • "These are the people I want to work with. I consider every contact I made to be someone with the same enthusiasm and passion that I strive for in my own life." --Jeff James
  • "The entire event was fun, funny, flirty, fascinating, inFormative, futuristic (okay that is dreaming that the future brings contracts) and finally fulfilling!  Thank you so much!" --Lynette Sandbloom
  • And, a full 100% of our attendees said they would recommend the conference to a friend!
Find out more register yourself by clicking on the link below:

Don't delay! 
Sincerely,
SCBWI Western Washington

No comments: